Thursday, November 23, 2006

More Oldies/'04 Revival

Opened up another old sketchbook, this time one a bit more recent. 2004. That was an awkward year for me and everyone I know. My art was more manic then, except when I went through that phase where I did everything in pencil with uber thick lines. The rest of the time, I sketched rapidly with no precision -- pages of the book I was looking in were garbled, overflowing with underdeveloped characters and illegible writing. I redrew what I could make out from the mess and ended up with this:


It's a relief that I've cleaned up my act so much since 2004. One can now tell what's going on in my art to some degree. There's also not so many goddamned robots everywhere, why was I so infatuated with those things? I would undertstand if they were cool robots, but they surely were not. They had super deriative designs: big rectangle heads, simple claw hands, huge circular eyes, and hinged jaws. Ah, I guess they weren't so bad...still, if you saw how many of them there are in my old sketchbooks, you'd get sick of 'em fast.

No comments: