Friday, November 24, 2006

My Ass is on Fire


Rather distressing, ain't it? I can't say I was in a bad mood when I drew that, I was feelin' pretty swell actually. It's funny how some sinister music can turn the mood of a piece of art around entirely if you get into it. I doubt it would've come out so angry and scary if I had been listening to, let's say, Norah Jones instead of Mr. Bungle.

The likenesses of Clay, Nick, and Jim at the top were rather incidental. Although I did experience some insecurity in their presence recently (I may talk about that later), I feel no hostility toward them. Not one bit. They've only brought good things into my life; so I have no clue why they're so threatening in this particular piece. It must have just happened in the spirit of Mike Patton's insane shouting in "My Ass is on Fire". No personal connotations here, sir.

No comments: