Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An Assortment of Oldies

I've discovered that a good artsy exercise for me is to redraw things from my old sketchbooks. Whenever I'm feeling dry in the inspiration department, I'll crack open an ancient annal chock full of crude characters like Jason the Vampire, Lillian Jeffrey, Benjamin, Jeremy, Skii Iei (a Rayman fancharacter), Funsize, Casper Koltan, and many others. I get a real kick out of redesigning the old drawings, it can be quite a learning experience seeing how I constructed things back then compared to now. Such obvious improvement is a relief.

Here's a page of redrawn oldies from a 2003 sketchbook (what a nasty year indeed!):


...And some more from a 2002 sketchbook (you would cough up turds if you saw the originals):


An old dream of mine was to have an art site called "Dead Bunny Studios". No Joke. How did I take myself seriously back then?

No comments: