Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Love and Hate


The sketch above was one day late for The Day of Rememberance. It's not so appropriate as a tribute to thousands of hate crime victims, but I was just feeling so full of love I didn't want to focus on the negative. Transphobic violence makes me sick to my ill-prone belly. Rather, I like to think about successful transpeople, especially those who've found love and acceptance.

The situation in my drawing -- two transpeople in a heterosexual relationship -- is very unusual, but I felt it got my point across easily. These two don't represent all trannies, of course. I just wanted to portray a transwoman and a transman both in early stages of their transitions. I admire those who struggle in spite of society's norms to change their lives for the better and make way for others like them. Therefore, I looove trannies.

Now for some hate to balance out all that mooshy lovin':


WEASEL BRAWL!

No comments: