Friday, November 17, 2006

Lifedrawing? I never!

Like I said, I brought my life drawing sketchbook to school today. It's amazing to me how my fellow students reacted to this. I had it out during fourth hour, for I had some free time and enough unattentive subjects around the room to work from fluidly. 'Twas hunky dory until some girls behind me took notice and began -- not asking -- but demanding me to draw them. Wow.


I ended up just putting the book away, I was no longer in the mood for sketching. Not only because the girls were yelling at me to draw them, but also since the teacher had called for our attention once more. The girls did not cease demanding. Then that dumb Marco kid, sitting next to me, joined in their harpy chorus. To them, an artist was fair to boss around. Clearly subhuman.

Marco got his wish, not because I'm a nice guy but because he was most annoying of the inconsiderate group. I knew he'd bug me about it for days if I didn't give in. Surprisingly, the sketch of his stupid face came out rather good. Too bad I was forced to give it to him. That sure made me feel cheap.

At the end of class, the girls who originally tried to put me in submission walked past me.

"Finish that drawing of us, okay!"

"Er, don't you understand what a lifedrawing is? I have to be looking at you."

"Just do it anyway!!"

Oh gag me with a spoon.

No comments: