Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bad Geners

Why is this creepy little man so difficult to draw? Anybody who's tried to draw Papa Gene Ween will relate with me here. I've tried numerous times to get his likeness down in a drawing, and every time it's been a no-mercy, tooth-and-nail battle among my eyes, a still of Gene, and my right hand. Gonads and strife, ladies and gentlemen.

Here I am watching that '97 Ween DVD I snatched up, digging it a whole lot -- and every once and awhile, I'll pause the picture and do a quick sketch. This is a normal thing for me to do. Usually the sketches ain't so bad, but since this time Gener was involved I got myself all frustrated. Sorry Papa, you're a tough one to transfer to the canvas. Maybe you should quit having such solid proportions while looking extremely different depending on your expression/angle. Gosh! It's embarassing me, mang. Look at this crap:


Oh, I just suck right? Here, I'll prove to you that Gene Ween has a tricky face (a beautiful face, but a tricky one). Observe this tacky graphic I pasted together just now:

That's all the same fella! And the photos selected are within a decade. Right about now you can eat my balls.

No comments: