Monday, September 18, 2006

My Mini Breakdown

Eric's Mac Mini finally got here today, re-packaged and ready for me to give it a try. Upon first setting it up, I was all smiles -- so excited to finally have a Macintosh computer in my posession. I've always admired Apple from afar, never actually having used one of the machines. Don't get me wrong, I did my research. My lack of experience was the fault of my little panic attack.


All of the apparent downsides of using the Mac were insignificant, considering I can use both operating systems on it if I so please. The shock of trying something new had just paralyzed me. As ridiculous as this sounds, I found myself in tears, haunted by my own indecision concerning the Mac Mini. I still don't know if I'm ready to leave the comfort of the Failed Robot, my slow-as-hell Gateway computer I've had to myself since 2003.

I'll figure it out.

No comments: