Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ducky Luv

More and more I realize that I am attracted to all things traditionally repulsive. Zac and I were discussing cartoons today and I brought up Max Fleischer, having been watching his stuff obsessively lately. To my surprise, Zac told me that he can't stand to watch those old surreal 'toons -- apparently, animation from the 1930s and '40s gives him an ill feeling in the deep of his stomach that he can't look past. I had never considered until then that all that I love about those cartoons must have a bad effect on some people.


Zac's also discovered that hecan't handle R. Crumb. That worries me because it means he may not be able to stomach my stuff either. After all, fascinations/perversions fuel me just as well. And I am planning on incorporating more Fleischer-esque elements into my work soon. Sorry Zac and anybody else with a low tolerance for bizarre 'tooning.

No comments: